Friday, June 27, 2008

Back in Madrid

Hello hello!

I only have 11 minutes, because I spent my most of my internet time looking for the closest UPS location to mail my mother a rather cumersome gift I bought her and no longer want to lug around.

Day 7: Thursday, June 26, 2008 - afternoon.

Walked up to the Monastery, got there about 4:40, waited for twenty minutes until the guided tour started. My Spanish is really coming along, the entire tour was in Spanish and I understood most of it. Fascinating building, built on top of a small mountain, in some places inside, there are rocks jutting out of the walls where they were just built up around it. Apparently the building was used as a prison during the Spanish civil war, so there are places where the walls have been carved into or damaged.

After the monastery, I walked the 4km from the monastery, then through the town of el puig, through the industrial area and finally to the beach! My first time in the Meditteranean, it was warm like bath water. Unfortunately there was also a whole lot of seaweed floaties and a few plastic bags so I only went in up to my waist, then I just walked along the beach with my feet in the water. Lovely! I discovered the was a bus, so I took that back to my hotel, showered, and watch the football with very excited locals. Spain beat Russia and advanced to the final in the EuroCup against Germany. The match is this Sunday and if Spain wins people are gonna freak out.

I caught my train this morning in Valencia at 6:50 and made it for lunch with Julian. I also met up with Ali and tonight I start work.

I will write again soon,

K-you-think-up-something-clever

2 comments:

horton said...

I like k-pops, because of what your belly button will do when your baby mama drama reaches fruition.

Oh, bee tee double-you, we've had some more negotiating and the child will have five middle names, each one for a different city in Macedonia. You can pick which.

Kate said...

Awesome... How about "Maria de Bitola Skopje Radovish Strumitsa Sveti Nikole Westcott?"