Don´t Freak Out - this has nothing to do with Jay, this afternoon I encountered one of my ´special friends´. I have a habit of encouraging strangers to talk to me when I am alone, I don´t know why or how, I just know that it happens and especially when I am far from home, it is not a good thing. I went to Parque Del Buen Retiro (the central park in Madrid) and after only being in the park maybe ten minutes a man asked me to take his photo, I took it and then couldn´t convince the man to leave me alone for the rest of my walk. I am back now and he did not rob me, molest me or drug me. He did try repeatedly to get me to go to a bar with him and to tell him where I was staying, I obviously did neither. I am thinking maybe a big gaudi wedding band would help stave off these advances, thoughts??? On the plus side, the hour he spent with me allowed me to practice my Spanish, though I never figured out how to say "My jealous boyfriend is waiting for me at the gates" "Mi novio...." When I told him I was leaving to go take a nap he shook my hand and did not follow me. Crisis averted!
Okay back on track:
Day 1: June 20, 2008 finished with my sleeping from 4:30-10:50pm then going to have some pasta for dinner and taking a stroll along Gran Via, nothing exciting or crisis like occurred.
Day 2: Off to the Royal Palace! First, breakfast bacon and eggs and a roll, sounds good, dirt cheap, but - covered in olive oil, just the eggs, not tasty, but edible, mostly just odd however. Now to the palace, ohh my do spanish monarchs love
1. clocks, huge golden ones
2. Jesus
3. Anything over the top, gold thread, gold ceilings, more, more, more!
It took about 3 hours to see it all and then I went in search of lunch in Chueca, the first tapas bar that my book reccomended was standing room only, so I tried the next one. It took me two hours of wandering to find it (with a map in hand) and when I got their, th tapas selection blew. I had some because I was starving, but I don´t understand why it made the guidebook.
I then returned to my hostel, for a brief nap. Those of you who have experienced my ´brief naps´will not be surprised that I slept for 5 hours and missed the flamenco show I was planning on going to. So I had dinner and then went to an internet cafe, then to bed.
That was day 2 - day 3 : the park and much sleeping is ahead - keep on reading!
K-town
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment