Sunday, June 22, 2008

Real Friends!

Day 3: Sunday June 22, 2008.

I have been sleeping a whole heck of a lot. Way too much actually. Today instead of going to El Rastro (the huge Sunday market) I slept until 2pm. I elected to then go to El Parque Del Buen Retiro to check it out. This is where the "wedding band" post occured. I am actually kind of pissed now that the relief has worn off, because I didn´t get to see anywhere near as much of the park as I had wanted because I was too busy trying to ditch that guy. And once I did ditch him I didn´t want to re-enter the park, lest I should run into him again.

So I went back to my hostel and bathed and translated my cell phone instruction manual before heading out for tapas. At El Tigre, the tapas bar I tried to go to yesterday but was too full I met some American and Australian friends and proceeded to drink way too much sangria. We went to another bar to watch the soccer, where Spain won and entered the semi-finals. When we seperated and I walked home, (well, here) Gran Via was like Yonge Street when the leafs get into, or win anything in the playoffs, pretty exciting.

Tomorrow, Cuenca! Adios Madrid - at least for a few days.

K-Rock

2 comments:

horton said...

I've informed the family of your baby mama drama. Our grandparents were a mixture of disappointed and not at all surprised.

Since it was Grandpa's birthday, I've informed him that the name will be Clarence no matter the child's gender. Just so we're clear, Clarence, not Clare.

Oh, and I've traded your Sex and the City DVDs for drinks. Miss you!

horton said...

wait...why the hell is my name horton?!