Hello all!
Well I am extremely excited because I am so close to being finished camp and beginning my adventure again. This Saturday, I will be taking a bus from Cartagena to Grenada to spend the weekend there and then through the whole province of Andalucia. Gazpacho, anyone?
Again, I have a variety of silly topics to tell you about:
'Puche'
This is the first last name of one of the dumbest campers I have ever encountered. I probably yell the word 'Puche' at least 100 times a day, because he is constantly doing something inane. The most recent awesome examples are:
1. Pointing to another camper and saying "I stupid"
2. Finding the Spanish ID card of a woman on the beach (not a bank card) and thinking he can go to the bank and withdraw her money with it, when we informed him he couldn't do that, he thought for a second then said okay, I will open an account AND THEN take all the money out. He then followed this statement up with "Soy muy inteligente" (I am very intelligent)
3. Playing the Game 'Tails'. Every child has a piece of string attached to them as a tail. There are 4 teams, each with their own colour of string. Each team pursues one other colour, and is thus pursued by one other colour (much like cycles). Puche was on the blue team, thus wearing a blue tail. He was supposed to steal purple. He stole pink. When informed this was the wrong team to pursue, he then tried to don the pink tail...
4. Wearing the plain white t-shirt he brought to camp specifically to tie dye, then trying to wash it on the day of, causing him to tie dye a wet t-shirt...
I have begun to assume his second last name is also Puche (meaning his parents are cousins)
"I'm in balls!"
This is what the boys scream if there are in their room changing and you attempt to open the door. It is a very messy translation of a Spanish expression for being naked, but we have come to understand its meaning, especially since one of the monitors caught Puche 'in balls' this morning. Yikes.
Exciting tales soon,
Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you have a crush on Puche
Post a Comment