Saturday, July 26, 2008

AHHHHH!!!! I'm FREE!

Hello Hello Hello! I think this is the largest I have ever been smiling on only 3 hours sleep! I AM FREE! I am currently sitting in an internet café in the bus station in Cartagena and I have 15 minutes until my bus to Granada. I said my goodbyes this morning and got an offer for a place to stay in Madrid on my last night with Inés, the director of the other camp on our floor, a wonderful woman. I am not sure if I shall take her up on the offer, because I have to be at the airport the next day at 9:45am... but I have a definite dinner date!

It took me 3 hours to pack all of my things into my bags last night, but because of careful packing and downsizing I have emptied out entirely my huge beaded purse (see the facebook photo from the park) and still have room in my miniature backpack (that attaches to my huge backpack). Except for the oddly shaped tube present for my mother, that I never did ship home, I am travelling quite comfortably. That is at least until I start shopping. At that point I am sure I will find some other things I don't mind parting with.... which leads me to:

Guess what I threw out this morning? Some of you will be excited! My Loyola Hawks Swimming t-shirt with the giant holes in the armpits. That's correct, I almost cried, except the concept of carrying less was just too much to pass up, plus I am so elated right now I think I could only cry tears of joy at this moment.

Okay, better catch the bus! Updates tomorrow or Monday from Granada!

K-travel

No comments: